Over the past 10 years I have used a variety of useful strategies when working with students and clients looking to advance their career. However, some of these strategies I have found to be more useful than others. This site will focus on the strategies I feel and have found to be most beneficial for all individuals who are either pursuing a career, are career changers or displaced workers, and who are interested in pursuing an advanced degree. In addition, this site is useful for those who are looking to expand their professional network via social media and/or are looking to build or maintain a strong personal and professional brand. Basically, if you have any interest in enhancing your career, or are a career counselor/coach – this site is for you!
Who should subscribe: Career Counselors, Career Coaches, Career Practitioners, Life Coaches, K-12 Teachers, School/Guidance Counselors, Psychologists or Mental Health Professionals, Entrepreneurs, Small Business Owners, and College and University Students.
This site will cover a variety of topics including:
- Personal Branding: How to build and maintain a strong personal brand
- Social Media: How to leverage social media for job searching and professional networking (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Networking: Effective networking strategies that can lead you to opportunities
- Metaphorical Thinking/Humor: Its impact on career counseling and implementation strategies, as well as how to use humor in your work
- Career Tips: Tips and resources covering a variety of career development topics including, resume writing, interviewing, networking, job searching, graduate and professional school prep and much more.
I greatly appreciate your visit to my blog and hope you found it useful.